RADical days at the Children’s Museum
The Allegheny Regional Asset District (RAD) has been offering free admission to many historical and cultural attractions, including Phipps Conservatory, the Mattress Factory and Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Hall and Museum, since September 24. I wish I would have blogged about this sooner, but there’s still a lot of events coming up. Check out the rest of the RADical Days events. Anyway, on Sunday, my sister, brother-in-law, nephew and I went to an old Tran family favorite, the Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh. Oh, I miss crawling through those mole tunnels and taking the organs (like the long intestine! ewww) out of Stuffy!
Here are some pictures from our time at the Children’s Museum:
This was an amazing day. I’m thankful that RAD made this possible for free. Also, we took advantage of the free parking on Sunday!
There’s still a lot of cool events coming up. Here’s a few events that seem particularly interesting:
- Friday, October 7 – Free admission from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. to the Pittsburgh Glass Center with “heat-defying acts of art in the flameworking and glassblowing studios” and an art installation
- Saturday, October 8 – For Pittsburgh-loving sketch artists, join the Pittsburgh Cultural Trust for a sketch crawl through downtown from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Sunday, October 9 – Free admission to the Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Need I say more?
- Friday, October 14 – Free admission to the Andy Warhol Museum from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. and to the National Aviary. To sweeten the deal, October 14 is World Egg Day! According to the International Egg Commission, World Egg Day is an international holiday established in 1996 that’s dedicated to promoting the health benefits of eggs.
- Saturday, October 15 – Free admission to see the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra from 11 a.m. to noon. This would be great since the last time I saw the PSO was probably during a high school field trip. The performance list includes Beethoven’s Symphony No. 8 in F major.
There are a lot of events that I didn’t list. RAD ensured there would be something cool to do everyday through October 15. For more information, click on the RADical Days page.
Yay! Don’t you love when fun is free?